Keyboard Macros/Mouse Events

Things I Plan to Add/Remove/Change in the Future

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Keyboard Macros/Mouse Events

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:58 pm

Soon keyboard/mouse events will be added to the scripts (mouse_event(), etc.), which makes it possible to trigger button presses and mouse clicks in your game.

There will also be functions for helping you add time between the buttons/clicks, so you can create a series of button presses to perform short or long operations in your game.

For example, in ZSNES, you could make macros for handling all of the Street Fighter Moves for you.
These would be short, simple macros that don’t need any time between the button presses.

For an example of a long complicated sequence of button presses, imagine the Super Mario Bros. 3 video where the guy beats it in 11 minutes.
Using timed button presses, you could also create a demo that uses your pre-recorded buttons to play the game in 11 minutes.

And since it is script-based, you have more interactivity than you have with other keyboard macro systems.
For example, in Super Mario Bros. 3, the guy crosses the bridge without entering a stage, which is quite rare (though it happened to me the very first time I ever crossed the bridge).
Although it becomes a bit more complicated, you can create macros to be played if one of those stages is loaded (use extern to determine if it has, and which one was loaded).

This will then be taken further.
I will create a system to allow you to record your button presses, and a script will be generated to play them back.
Since you would then have direct access to the generated L. Spiro Script code, you can go back and edit manually anything you would like, and add forms of interaction (for example, play this sequence if the game state is X, or play that sequence if the game state is Y).
I will also add basic editing to the recorded button sequences outside of the code, but of course the code would still be there for more advanced editing.

Soon you will be able to create impressive demos of all your favorite games.

Even more than that, you can write an AI to play the game for you, 100% interactively (in the case of any fighting or puzzle game).

Ever want to see how high Tetris can go?
Soon you will have a chance to make your own AI that can play the game perfectly.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby varemenos » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:21 pm

well you need to check this then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yl_XPkcTl4

^
^
^
5mins to beat it lol. i saw it yesterday while i was running through the how to photoshop tutorials.

now for the mouse(event) that mean we can make bots with the button click and stuff ?
varemenos
Been Around More

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:50 am

What the creator of that video fails to mention is that he played the game frame-by-frame, recording his input as he went.

There are emulators specially made for this since it is very popular among the TAS Video community.

As for your question, Yes. There is already a Minesweeper bot posted on this site and in the help file.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby varemenos » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:39 pm

ok thanks a lot. i will look around the forum to learn more :twisted:
varemenos
Been Around More

Return to The Future