"Value will not change" toggle

Need More API Functions? Request Language Additions Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

"Value will not change" toggle

Postby radical dreamer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:01 am

Would it be possible to add a toggle that when activated, eliminates all results that change in value?

For example, if you have control of whether a condition changes or not, you would turn the toggle on, and make sure not to change that condition while doing all sorts of other things, and anything that changes would automatically be removed from the results list. Then of course you would turn the toggle off and continue searches like normal.
My PSN ID: radicldreamr
radical dreamer
I Have A Few Questions

Re: "Value will not change" toggle

Postby cobr_h » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:37 am

You can sub-search for 'same as original' to achieve this, can't you?
cobr_h
Acker

Postby radical dreamer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:33 am

Yes, but this is like a machine-gun version of that, that would keep mashing it while you do different things. It would be good for those pesky codes that like to jump back and forth between values and are sometimes too quick to catch efficiently with manual button clicks.

Also you could keep this toggled for an entire stage/level in a game, and it would be much more handy than clicking manually 800 times or whatever throughout the level.
My PSN ID: radicldreamr
radical dreamer
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 pm

It is not possible. The list of results is usually compressed internally and any changes to it mean rebuilding the whole list of addresses.
Every time an item is removed it will incur a huge load on your PC, especially if there are more than a few addresses.

Buffering items that need to be removed and then performing a bulk removal reduces the frequency of the load but not only complicates the scanning process but also makes the final removal process even larger and slower than if only removing one address.

This type of feature could exist in the remake of MHS, but not in this one.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Feature Request