Network Functionality?, or extensible api?

Need More API Functions? Request Language Additions Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Network Functionality?, or extensible api?

Postby erhan_j » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:00 am

Hey L,

It's been a while, I think last time we chatted, you had just moved to Japan? I hope your doing good and envy you... I always wanted to go to Japan *sigh

Anyways, back to MHS. One thing I'd like to see is remote debugging and remote memory scanning over a lan. It's just a pain to always alt-tab, and manipulate values. Since this is more of a convenience thing, I understand there may be more applicable pending functionality. If that's a case, why not an extensible api? The custom scripting is nice, but maybe something like a compiled lib that can be imported into C/C++ programs. That way I can create a network module for it ^_^. I also wanted to add an in-game display system to scan values in-game. I've already built the graphics hook in my gameguardian project, would be cool to carry it over to MHS so a user can do memory scanning while playing.

Also anychance of open sourcing it? 8) count me in if you do.

-BountyX
erhan_j
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:44 am

The scripts allow WinSock connections that could be used to create any type of network communication you could want.
Also, it allows loading any custom DLL and calling any function in that DLL.

You can initiate scans with the scripts as well, which means you could create scripts/DLL’s to do remote scanning.

The only thing you would not be able to do is use the Debugger/Disassembler since they do not use scripts to the fullest.

I would suggest you start just on a remote scanner for now and I will add script functions to interact with the Debugger/Disassembler.

If your scripts work well they may become part of MHS in the future.

Your hook should also work without a problem. One method would be to use breakpoints and draw from there, but scripts allow calling remote functions and creating injections with the Auto-Assembler as well.

As for open-source, the code is currently on sale for $200.
Unfortunately I already sold one copy, so if I go and release it free it would be like kicking the buyer in the nuts 200 times.
So for at least a year I can not release it free.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby erhan_j » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Full source code for $200? Me wants =D. Since your selling the source to others, I'll honor your work and keep it private.

Are there any attached license agreements to using the source after purchase and how can I go about purchasing it?
erhan_j
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:03 pm

It is pretty informal.

You donate $200, I give you a secret link for download.
Kernel driver included.

Trusted people only. No distribution to others for any reason.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby erhan_j » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:58 am

Cool, sounds good to me =) . I plan on using the source for mostly research/learning. Especially the debugger (i've never made a debugger before, so there's a lot to learn in that area). Scripting is of interest too.

Source will be safe, I don't plan on sharing it with anyone or making it commercial or anything like that.

I'll make a contribution later this evening. Keep an eye out ;)
erhan_j
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Feature Request