Bubble Trouble

Hacking Any Other Offline Single-Player Game

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Bubble Trouble

Postby Aspras » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:12 am

This is a game I strangely got addicted to at school, I have been trying to find a pointer for the amount of lives and ive finally found one that does work under certain circumstances. The game is only 832 kb large and can be downloaded here from http://www.miniclip.com/games/bubble-trouble/bubble-trouble.exe. I would apreciate it if you guys could test the pointer I found and let me know if it always works for you. Pointer is:

[[["bubbletrouble.exe"+0x508A4]+0xC4]+0x14]+0x8

data type double

This only works in single player mode, and by the way, once the game has started your player will spawn with 5 lives, do not attempt to change the amount of lives once you have lost a life or your game will probably crash. That happens because once a life is lost the base pointer "["bubbletrouble.exe"+0x508A4]" tends to point at another address while still pointing at the one of lives, so you'll see the value of your pointer switch from one address to another extremely fast and if that other address's value is changed to something like 10 or 100 or 1000 the game crashes. Thats also the reason why it was very difficult for me to find the pointer.

EDIT: If you freeze the vlue to 500.00000007770745 the game will not crash I believe.
Aspras
NULL

Postby SpeedWing » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:37 pm

i always restart my pc when i test a pointer, i will try this when i come home.

sshhh i have to use a proxy to go to the mhs forums -_-', relaly fucked up. when i try to acces the site it says "blocked Reason: illegal hacking"
XD
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby Aspras » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:08 pm

It didnt work twice for me even though most of the time does. When it doesnt work the address to the lives just doesnt exist somehow :?
Aspras
NULL

Postby Aspras » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm

SpeedWing wrote:i always restart my pc when i test a pointer

Shouldnt shutting down the game , running a program or another game that uses DMA and then rerunning our game work? Could L.Spiro comment on this?
Aspras
NULL

Postby SpeedWing » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 pm

a pointer should work always, as long as the program is the same.it should work if you are on a windows machine( as far as i know yes) and if the process is the same then it should work hehe.

so in other words, if you made the right pointer, it should always work.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby Aspras » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:49 pm

I know it should always work, though u cant just restart your pc and and your game endless times to make sure it works. So by shutting down your game and running another program or game that uses DMA some of the old memory locations the game was using will now be occupied by the new program and then by running the game we are hacking on top of it we can ensure it has been given a new set of memory space from windows.
Also, the pointer I found for Bubble Trouble is working, when it "doesnt work" you can try and search for lives and you'll see you'll find no address for them.
Aspras
NULL

Return to Others (Offline)