Herpes

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Herpes

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:26 am

Last week I made a coworker go home because he had an outbreak of herpes on his lip.
This week he came back and showed a note from a doctor saying his herpes had been “cured” (and the sores on his lip were gone).

I am getting very tired of people using misleading terminology.
The whole reason herpes has been so successful as a virus is because of all of the misinformation surrounding it. People say things such as, “My herpes went away,” or, “My herpes is cured,” and it causes the uneducated people around them to believe that herpes is no big deal. A female friend of mine told an 18-year-old male she has herpes, to which he replied, “That’s okay, almost everyone has herpes. It’s nothing.”

The joke is on him. Herpes is not HPV.
He thought he knew the facts, and because of his misinformation, he will forever have one of the worst diseases you can get.

All that misinformation causing people to be careless is the reason I am posting this.
To spread awareness of the facts.

#1: THERE IS NO CURE FOR HERPES.
When people say, “My herpes went away,” they really mean, “My outbreak of herpes went away, but herpes itself will live inside of my nervous system for my entire life.”
Herpes does not go away. The sores on your lips/genitals go away. But they come back later.
Herpes Simplex 1 (HSV-1 (notice how it is NOT HPV)) will give you blisters on your lips started at 5 times per year. Herpes Simplex 2 (HSP-2) does the same thing to your genitals.
The blisters go away after about a week, but herpes is still there.

#2: Most people do have HPV (and never know it). Most people do not have HSP-1 or HSP-2 (herpes).
There are many forms of herpes, but HSP-1 and HSP-2 are the nasty ones that give you blisters.
While it is true that almost half of all people have some form of herpes, only some of them have HSP-1 or HSP-2.
When people say, “Most people have herpes,” slap them in the face and remind them that herpes IS NOT HPV.
I already know one kid from Texas who now gets blisters on his penis 5 times per year just because he thought herpes was HPV.

#3: My coworker thought it wasn’t a big deal to give it to his wife because, “[His] case isn’t so bad.”
There is no “isn’t so bad” herpes. People react differently to it. He only had one blister on his lip, but if he gives that to his wife she could get 20 blisters each time she has an outbreak.

#4: Someone who has herpes can give it to you just by touching his or her outbreak zone and then touching you with the same fingers.
Herpes can spread to other parts of the body besides the lips and genitals. If it gets into your eye (which is very easy) you will go permanently blind.

#5: Sex is not the only way to get herpes. It can live on solid objects such as door handles and toilet levers for around 4 hours. It can live on softer objects such as cloth for around 2 or 3 hours.
If your coworker goes to the bathroom and has HSP-2, he will be touching his penis and probably the sores. After that, he will touch the toilet lever and the door handle, then the sink knob to wash his hands. If you touch these places within 4 hours, it will get on your hands. After that, if you rub your eyes you will go blind for life. If you pick your lip or scratch it you will get herpes there. If you touch your penis to go to the bathroom you will get herpes there.

If this was a shock to you, then you were not properly informed until you read this post.
That means you have, until now, been misinformed or mislead by hearing things such as, “My herpes was cured.”

Herpes is one of the worst things you can get.
It never goes away. It causes painful and ugly blisters on your lips, genitals, and anywhere else it spreads. It can make you go blind, for life.
My coworkers are afraid of the guy in our office who has herpes. If you get herpes, people will not want to talk to you and will keep their distance. The guy who sits next to the herpes guy in my office now wears a face mask to make sure he does not touch his own face (to prevent getting it on his lips). He also sits as far away from the herpes guy as his desk will allow.
If you get herpes, your dating life is over. If you are already married, no big deal. If not, you will be single for life unless you can find that one perfect match who also has the same type of herpes as you. 99% of the time, however, every guy or girl you want to date will just leave you feeling more and more frustrated that you can’t date that person without infecting him or her.
It will impact your career. The herpes guy’s skill level is low, but his manager was being nice not to report this to the CEO. However, because his manager is now afraid of him, he is telling the CEO very much how low his skill is. He will be fired at the end of this week because of this.

Spread the facts about herpes so that you and your friends can stay safe.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Re: Herpes

Postby qjqqyy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Thanks a lot. I will be careful.
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby Synsia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:57 am

Interesting stuff, thanks.
Synsia
I Have A Few Questions

Postby Dimple » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:39 pm

L.Spiro wrote:#5: Sex is not the only way to get herpes. It can live on solid objects such as door handles and toilet levers for around 4 hours. It can live on softer objects such as cloth for around 2 or 3 hours.

Wow that's scary. I'll never touch a door handle again... Seriously, I always thought that it would die fast on such surfaces. Thank god it doesn't spread through air. :S
Dimple
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:48 am

Following up, that coworker decided to quit on the day he would have been fired anyway.

On his way out, he said to the Japanese CEO, “70% of Japanese have herpes already.”
This is exactly the misleading type of sentence that pisses me off.
Herpes people will say this to make themselves feel better, instead of dealing with the facts about how horrible their situation is and will always be.
#1: The percent of people with herpes is debatable and no one knows exactly. Which means there may be a possibility of 70% infection, but-
#2: There are many types of herpes as I said before. Most of them have no symptoms and no one ever knows he or she has them. Herpes Simplex 1 is the worst, and that is what he has. Only 5-10% have that. ~10% have Herpes Simplex 2. Since many people with HSV-1 also have HSV-2, the total people with HSV-1/HSV-2 is only ~13%. The rest of that 70% are types of herpes that don’t matter. In fact, one of those types of herpes actually cures HIV.

If you ever meet someone saying this misleading shit, slap that fool across his or her face.
The sooner that person can live with reality, the safer we all are. And be sure to inform your friends and family of the facts, so they can stay safe as well.

If you are worried about a surface being infected, spray it with ethanol (alcohol) and let it sit for 30 seconds. You can wash your hands with ethanol for 1.5 minutes.
in public places, wash your hands after touching door knobs and toilets. Never touch your lips, eyes, or genitals after touching a public door handle or toilet, etc.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby CoMPMStR » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 am

This is something else, I must say. I do have a question.

If you wash your hands with just soap and water, will that kill the herpes as effectivly as isopropyl alcohol? Will it kill the herpes at all?

Thanks for this informative, yet scary, post. It's like they say, you learn something new everyday. Kinda makes me want to never leave the house again. :lol:

.NET Trainer Helper Library

~Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

L. Spiro wrote:In my left hand is a red pill. If you take it I will show you the truth. I lost my right hand in the war, so I’m afraid you’re stuck with the red pill.
CoMPMStR
(P)ot (I)n (M)y (P)ipe

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Washing your hands normally after touching public surfaces will typically keep you safe, but is no guarantee.
It won’t kill the virus but it can get most of it off your hands and down the drain. Infection requires a certain amount of the virus, so just having a tiny bit of it on your hands is not so dangerous. Just don’t stick your finger in your eye.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby tiduswong » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:32 pm

WOw scary :shock:
ImageImage

Nice? No glue or any thing normal build it up using a pair of hand. vvv
ImageImage

I'm not a leecher and not gonna be 1 of it noob!!!

Skill and Hack is the best!^^

Sorry For My Bad Memory =.=

Tidus.W

L. Spiro wrote:bummybum, stop spamming/making useless posts.

L. Spiro
tiduswong
Probably Popular

Return to Social/Unrelated