Offline Single Player games

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Offline Single Player games

Postby flappy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:29 am

Can anyone possible point me in the direction of a Single Player game thats an MMORPG or w/e that is easy to hack so I can sort of learn the basics and stuff... Where there is hardly any serverside information. Just for fun! lol i would like to learn and the only way to learn is to practice =D lol

giving me a list would be cool aswell =D ty!
flappy
Been Around

Re: Offline Single Player games

Postby Fusion » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:47 am

flappy wrote:a Single Player game thats an MMORPG

The second 'M' stands for multi-player.

But anyway, take a look at PSO Blue Burst, maybe. It's an ORPG with plenty of client-side data, and is closing soon and as a result, free to everyone (I think).
Fusion
Hacker Smacker

Postby mezzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:47 am

neverwinter nights is a couple of years old now, so you may be able to pick it up quite cheap... it has both single player and multiplayer... And you can setup your own server once you hve it installed.

if you just want a single player game that is cool for checking stuff out, I prefer nethack for windows. since it's 'turnbased' you get all the time in the world to do searches.. pretty simple code, but difficult enough to provide loads of stuff to look for, both obvious and none obvious.
- No thanks, I already have a penguin -
mezzo
El Mariachi

Postby flappy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 am

could you send me a link to nethack?
and thx for the info =D
flappy
Been Around

Postby Xanatus » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 am

Minions of Mirth (www.minionsofmirth.com) is a full free to play MMORPG that comes with a simulated single player version, too. The MMORPG Engine is Open Source as well when I rember correctly. Maybe a good start to hack ;-)
Where there is light, there is darkness.

The good thing about friends in my class is, they can't touch my private members directly.
Xanatus
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby ventuz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:24 pm

You could try backward engine game server, make one yourself like it and add content for yourself and play alone. But it's very complex, Shards Of Dalaya is one example, it's an EverQuest emulated server using same client.
ventuz
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby flappy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:15 am

You could try backward engine game server, make one yourself like it and add content for yourself and play alone. But it's very complex, Shards Of Dalaya is one example, it's an EverQuest emulated server using same client.

saweet =P idk how to make my own server or w/e out of that so you would most likely have to point me in the diretion for that one

Minions of Mirth (www.minionsofmirth.com) is a full free to play MMORPG that comes with a simulated single player version, too. The MMORPG Engine is Open Source as well when I rember correctly. Maybe a good start to hack

sweet thx guys =D ill have to try it out.

I have a little problem though, I downloaded a couple free RPG games and everytime I try and click on something I cant because its like im holding the UP key constantly. And its with EVERY game i have tried to install lol (just free RPG games that are NOT online) i cant seem to figure out how to fix it =/ any ideas?
flappy
Been Around

Postby ventuz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:52 am

flappy wrote:saweet =P idk how to make my own server or w/e out of that so you would most likely have to point me in the diretion for that one

For everquest, start by going to http://www.eqemulator.net/ and read every detail, I can't remember what purchase box they're using, probly "Titanium Edition" from last time I remember.

For other game, I dunno, use google to find "server emulator" or similar term.
ventuz
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Return to Social/Unrelated