Note to L. Spiro and others

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Note to L. Spiro and others

Postby SztringzS » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:57 am

Okay, I completely agree that locking the RYL2 section was a good decision but...

You do realize people aren't going to stop, soon this section followed by others will become a variant of the ryl2 section, so in my opinion you should leave the off-topic forum of ryl2 unlocked and just pay no attention to it or moderate it, that way it's not really effecting you and your whole forum doesn't become an ryl forum. Just my opinion.
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Re: Note to L. Spiro and others

Postby mezzo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:16 am

if the boss says RYL is history, us mods will nuke all RYL topics made elsewhere :)
- No thanks, I already have a penguin -
mezzo
El Mariachi

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:59 am

For a moment I considered leaving the social Risk Your Life section unlocked (and yes, any topics made elsewhere will be deleted).

However I made two conclusions:
#1: The “View new posts” lists will still be cluttered with Risk Your Life threads and the feeling of a useless forum will not have dissipated.
#2: It is the Risk Your Life community who is responsible for the lowered quality of my forum, and I am not compelled to give them any reason to stick around.

If the members of the Risk Your Life community can behave appropriately they are by all means welcome to stick around.
And I am still up-in-the-air on #2 because part of the problem with the community was the begging and asking to hack this server or that etc.
Unfortunately, with as much childish behavior as I witnessed within the Risk your Life community, I can’t trust those kids to distinguish between a section meant for them to discuss social topics and a section where they can beg for hacks.
When a Risk Your Life member is able to make this kind of distinction, he or she will also realize that the Social/Unrelated section could also be used intermediately.
When a Risk Your Life member is unable to make this distinction, when he or she wants to beg for a hack, he or she will just go to the social section instead. Being unable to find the appropriate sections for their posts was one major problem they had.
And in just one day after my action, look what valuable members have returned!

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:54 am

Okay I gotcha =S
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Return to Social/Unrelated