doomsday

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

doomsday

Postby ansuriya » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm

What is your opinion on the 2012 doomsday theories? What do you thinks is going to happen? I don't believe the world will end, but I do think society isn't going to hold up well during that time of 2012. I personally thinks there's going to be riots and crazy stories of suicide and other things along those lines because people will get scared and lose their ability to think straight. What do you think?
market samurai ~ marketsamurai ~ marketsamurai.com
ansuriya
I Have A Few Questions

Re: doomsday

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Why would people lose their abilities to think straight?
Honestly I give the human race more credit than that.
What kind of person goes crazy just because of word-of-mouth when nothing is actually happening around them to confirm these words?
Definitely not a real human; perhaps you can find this type of guy in the movies, but no actual human is capable of this level of simplicity. If such a human ever did exist it would have already died off.

Nothing is going to happen.
It will be a regular day in all parts of the world for all people, except for those who were concerned enough about it to invest in a shelter.

Just as with the 2K “bug” which also garnered the attention of mass media and Hollywood, some people are going to waste money on food and supplies, but nothing serious is going to happen and no one is going to go crazy. What kind of mindless zombies do you really think we are?

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 pm

In my personal view,

Dooms day can be happen in anytime, in anywhere.

Maybe when you and your girlfriend are enjoying the night sky together, suddenly you see a star in sky explode which is " Big Bang ". Then you both can start kissing and say goodbye.

Dooms day probably will happen in next 5 minutes, we don't know. Unless, there is an asteroid, then scientist maybe can predict its distance from the Earth, can find a way to burst the asteroid off.

Other than that, dooms day probably will come from man-made climate change, the Earth surface temperature maybe will rise to 50 degree Celsius in the future. Since the temperature risen, the ices in south and north pole will being melted and increase the sea level, then the land surface will start decreasing.. ( Human population is also increase in a increasing rate )

As a conclusion, I believe that we're getting near to the doomsday in a increasing rate.
I'm a NEWBIE

Health reminder : Go drink a cup of 250mL water and keep your eyes off from computer for 10 minutes
XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby qjqqyy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:24 pm

XxNyxheroxX wrote:In my personal view,

Dooms day can be happen in anytime, in anywhere.

Maybe when you and your girlfriend are enjoying the night sky together, suddenly you see a star in sky explode which is " Big Bang ". Then you both can start kissing and say goodbye.

Dooms day probably will happen in next 5 minutes, we don't know. Unless, there is an asteroid, then scientist maybe can predict its distance from the Earth, can find a way to burst the asteroid off.

Other than that, dooms day probably will come from man-made climate change, the Earth surface temperature maybe will rise to 50 degree Celsius in the future. Since the temperature risen, the ices in south and north pole will being melted and increase the sea level, then the land surface will start decreasing.. ( Human population is also increase in a increasing rate )

As a conclusion, I believe that we're getting near to the doomsday in a increasing rate.

we are in the middle of 2 ice ages
global warming is coming, it should
but not as this rate
why??? stop blaming co2, blame methane (CH4)
methane is much more powerful than co2 at trapping heat, tons of methane is produced in the meat production industry
moral of teh story, stop eating meat, go vegeterian

PS: SHIT I CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT MY MEAT
what should i do?
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby Hitman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:50 pm

qjqqyy wrote:PS: SHIT I CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT MY MEAT
what should i do?

I decided to google it for you ..
here you go ..
this MIGHT help ..
http://zenhabits.net/how-to-become-a-vegetarian-the-easy-way/
L. Spiro wrote:bummybum, stop spamming/making useless posts

Made By aldis
Made By SpeedWing
My Latest Own Siggy
Hitman
Pro++

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm

qjqqyy wrote:
XxNyxheroxX wrote:
but not as this rate
methane is much more powerful than co2 at trapping heat, tons of methane is produced in the meat production industry

what should i do?

Haha.. If you want reduce the methane in the Earth, then stop farting.

If we all stop eating the meat, I think the animals population will increase rapidly and the price of vegetables will increase too.

Besides that, one of the best way ( I know it is selfish ) to save the Earth, is controlling the human populations keep on increasing, it can reduce the consumptions such as petrol, water, lands and many other mores. Sometimes I really wonder about this question, why the people want to donate the money to Africa to help those children? I think that we just donate the money to them to prolong their lifespan and see nothing anymore. What for giving them money just for seeing them surviving in the bad condition. Instead of doing that, I will rather donate the money to the Scientist to let them research how to upgrade their life/land(Africa).

As the human population increases, the less the land in the Earth.
I'm a NEWBIE

Health reminder : Go drink a cup of 250mL water and keep your eyes off from computer for 10 minutes
XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby qjqqyy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:28 pm

XxNyxheroxX wrote:
qjqqyy wrote:
XxNyxheroxX wrote:
but not as this rate

what should i do?

Haha.. If you want reduce the methane in the Earth, then stop farting.

If we all stop eating the meat, I think the animals population will increase rapidly and the price of vegetables will increase too.

Besides that, one of the best way ( I know it is selfish ) to save the Earth, is controlling the human populations keep on increasing, it can reduce the consumptions such as petrol, water, lands and many other mores. Sometimes I really wonder about this question, why the people want to donate the money to Africa to help those children? I think that we just donate the money to them to prolong their lifespan and see nothing anymore. What for giving them money just for seeing them surviving in the bad condition. Instead of doing that, I will rather donate the money to the Scientist to let them research how to upgrade their life/land(Africa).

As the human population increases, the less the land in the Earth.

i am not sure about this
u sure that human fart contain methane?
i thought only the fart of some animals contain methane?
anyway, one day, humans will be gone like the wind
(i mean dinasaurs)
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Yes, I am very sure about that, my chemistry teacher told me that.
I'm a NEWBIE

XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby qjqqyy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

XxNyxheroxX wrote:Yes, I am very sure about that, my chemistry teacher told me that.

[quote="wikipedia"]Nitrogen, the main constituent of air, is the primary gas released during flatulence, along with carbon dioxide, which is present in higher quantities in those who drink carbonated beverages regularly. The lesser component gases methane and hydrogen are flammable, and so flatus containing adequate amounts of these can be ignited. However, not all humans produce flatus that contains methane. For example, in one study of the feces of nine adults, only five of the samples contained archaea capable of producing methane. Similar results are found in samples of gas obtained from within the rectum.

The gas released during a flatus event frequently has an unpleasant odor. For many years, this was thought to be due to skatole and indole, which are byproducts of the digestion of meat. However, gas chromatography testing in 1984 revealed that sulfur-containing compounds, such as methanethiol, hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell) and dimethyl sulfide, were also responsible for the smell.

The incidence of odoriferous compounds in flatulence emissions increases from herbivores, such as cattle, through omnivores to carnivorous species, such as cats.[citation needed] Such odor can also be caused by the presence of large numbers of microflora bacteria and/or the presence of feces in the rectum.

The major components of the flatus, which are odorless, by percentage are:
    * Nitrogen: 20–90%
    * Hydrogen: 0–50%
    * Carbon dioxide: 10–30%
    * Oxygen: 0–10%
    * Methane: 0–10%
[quote]

as said, only some ppl's fart contain methane, not everyone
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby Anon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:33 pm

The BP disaster is the beginning of the end.
Anon
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Return to Social/Unrelated