Some Music

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Some Music

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:28 am

Sometimes, when I am not making video games, hacking, playing chess, chatting, eating, sleeping, working, traveling, drawing, and playing games, I do what everyone else does when they stop making video games, hacking, playing chess, chatting, eating, sleeping, working, traveling, drawing, and playing games: play piano.

I usually play classical music; a lot of Beethoven and Mozart but also Tchaikovsky (everything from Щелкунчик (The Nutcracker) is good; he was really in the zone when he wrote the score for that ballet), Albéniz, and anything good from anyone else.

Classical music is soothing but video-game and anime music is just plain fun. I play both Tetris themes, some Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest, various Mario themes, Zelda themes, Final Fantasy VII themes, and lots more, as well as some Neon Genesis Evangelion themes.

When I had my keyboard (http://www.sharpened.net/reviews/review.php?Yamaha_Motif_7) I was coaxed into doing game remixes. Some of these could be found on http://www.VGMix.com/. I’ve been putting off buying my keyboard back but I want to do it soon.

These are easy to critique but I just do what is fun so just relax and listen. I don’t like remixing as much as sticking closely to the originals (remastering); I feel the originals are great enough and just need some higher-quality sounds, and I do not feel the need to put many of my own unique touches into things which caused a lot of complaints (lack of originality) at remix sites.
Regardless, let’s try not to be too picky and just have a good listen.

Aeris’ Theme (Final Fantasy VII)
All tracks played live and then mixed.

Bramble Scramble (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest)
Digitally composed. One of my favorites and most people enjoy it more as well.

Hip Swamp Hop (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest)
Digitally composed. My favorite video-game song.

Konkluded Epik (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest)
Blah to the beginning; my hi-hats were shit, but everything else worked. If I still had the keyboard/file I would redo the opening.

Lava (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest)
Digitally composed.

Mallow’s Opus (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Digital and real-time/real-play mix. I went for suicidal on this one.

Mines (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest)
Digitally composed. One of my favorites.

Rusty Bucket Bay (Banjo-Kazooie)
If you download only one of these songs make sure it is this one. All tracks played live and then mixed. Most people consider this their favorite among my works.

Shipwrecked (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest)
Digitally composed.

Swamp (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest)
Digitally composed. Alternate version of Hip Swamp Hop. More laid back and “normal”. The unnusual drums in Hip Swamp Hop are too much for some people.

The Nightmare’s Beginning (Final Fantasy VII)
Played live (digitally recorded). Soft piano solo, the sound of classical music.

Zeal Island (Chrono Trigger)
Digitally composed. I basically just wanted to remaster the song as it appears on the CD. This was my first game “remix”.

Do try to enjoy at least one of them.
I recommend Rusty Bucket Bay, Bramble Scramble, Mines, and Hip Swamp Hop. The Nightmare’s Beginning is nice for people who like classical-style piano solos and Zeal Island is a remake of one of the best songs in video-game history so how can you go wrong?

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SpeedWing » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:29 am

nice!!!!

i play drums in my free time.

mostly drumming with music from three days grace, 30 seconds to mars, in flames, avenged sevenfold, hoobastank and bullet for my valentine.

its good to play music sometimes and not sitting behind the pc :)
Last edited by SpeedWing on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby Mimicsub » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:32 pm

I play guitar and bass.

Mimicsub
Been Around More

Postby Exceeder » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:02 am

good taste. i pay/mix on truntables/cdjs :S
Exceeder
I Know My Poop

Postby DarkZero » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:53 am

i play piano a litle drams and next to nothink madoline
Well i have to agree Classic music is the best
I hear Classic , Rap snd Rock.
I am also a part of a band EndsDay is the name
We dont even know what we r doing thought
we only recort and make totaly stupid music
words without meaning ... :?
When we finish our last (out of this worls) song
maybe i will post it ..we wil see.. 8)
-][_,(O)][_,
-Hackers UNITE
-Don't mess with SPARTANS
-There is no GREECE only HELLAS
-100% of Hellenic nation
-I hate NO1
-DZ Lord of COMEDY
DarkZero
NULL

Postby colintso » Mon May 19, 2008 7:59 pm

oo...just noticed
noobs have to learn, or they will always be noobs
==HACKERZ RULE!==
Request your sig here!
colintso
Ex-Mack Haster

Postby RoboC » Mon May 19, 2008 9:07 pm

I play computer games. Lol!
RoboC
Been Around More

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Wow , this is Amazing ! L. Spiro , you're life is wonderful and peaceful...Did you married ? ( LoL , can I ask this? ). I hope my life will same as you , but I know that is impossible.

To L. Spiro

I was remember I heard a game .. erm.. it seem called *** Spiro , I'm not really remember what is called * Shame.. It is a PlayStation 1 game , I play it when I'm 9 years-old. The game is really nice ! shit that I had never finish it because memory-card corrupt =,=. It start at a village , the kid would save everyone , I remember I play to stage , to save the old man house , he keep calling me:" Hurry , go load some water to save his house , it is firing!

Now, I think this game is create by you , because your avatar make me remember the game!
I'm a NEWBIE

Health reminder : Go drink a cup of 250mL water and keep your eyes off from computer for 10 minutes
XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:11 pm

XxNyxheroxX wrote:Did you married ?

No.

XxNyxheroxX wrote:I was remember I heard a game .. erm.. it seem called *** Spiro

Spyro the Dragon.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:30 am

Wow , Spyro the Dragon , Yeah that I played the game before , it really nice , but it doesn't get want I say the game , maybe it doesn't call **** Spiro...

I play a series , em.. called " Spyro -Year of the Dragon "
It really cool , I and my cousin play the game whole day , it has racing , fighting .... else... but I don't know why this problem I get.

The Next day , I start Spyro game , I load at a place very mystery ( it doesn't load at the place I saved ) then, I keep go , over a door , suddenly I meet a boss , LoL , WTF? so good? I thought we going to finish the game.. so I being fight with the boss .. Suddenly , *sss* em.. It seem go to other place immediately LoL , the CD seem corrupt :cry: :lol: ( because , I and my cousin unlike to arrange those CD... Actually the CD is already not clean * Don't know how to say the word * :oops: .

One more , in the part of the game , I most hate playing at the ice stage.. I don't know what to do.. just keep versus the computer my skill? LoL....

I can't belive the game maker is in this forum! LoL ! L. Spiro , what game did you have created? can tell? I going to try... Say about the game you had created for PlayStation1 , PlayStation2 , GameboySP that all I want to know... or introduce your webpage that include you created games?

Thanks~
I'm a NEWBIE

Health reminder : Go drink a cup of 250mL water and keep your eyes off from computer for 10 minutes
XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby CoMPMStR » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:07 pm

lolz I play the keyboard... get it? The keyboard attached to my computer. :lol:

I personally like the Final Fantasy Prelude originally composed by Nobuo Uematsu. This has always been my favorite musical score from any video game.

BTW (kinda offtopic), what games did you make? I'd like to play them or at least try them out.

.NET Trainer Helper Library

~Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

L. Spiro wrote:In my left hand is a red pill. If you take it I will show you the truth. I lost my right hand in the war, so I’m afraid you’re stuck with the red pill.
CoMPMStR
(P)ot (I)n (M)y (P)ipe

Re: Some Music

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:21 pm

This is a bit late and I am necromancing, but I feel bad if I just ignore the questions (I think I missed this due to a collapsed lung keeping me in a hospital for 2 weeks or something).

Games I have made:
Heroes of Might and Magic, Ghost Recon 2 Online, 187 Ride or Die, Catz 5, Dogz 5, Imagine Happy Cooking, Ready Steady Cook, Leisure Suit Larry Beach Volley, HOT PIXEL, After Dark: Flying Toaster, Bakugan, and more.
Recently I made Fit for Rhythm for iPhone, which has become very popular in Japan. So popular in fact that Apple of Japan will soon be bundling it with new iPhones as a demo game.
Meaning everyone who buys an iPhone in Japan gets my game included, free.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Social/Unrelated