HELP! Archos 5 Media Tablet

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

HELP! Archos 5 Media Tablet

Postby Modify » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:31 am

Okay, i love this forum, so i thought u might be able to help me, cuz u guys are awesome. I just bought an Archos 5 Media Tablet 500GB (I know SpeedWing just got one as well) and after having it for only 1 day, i managed to crack the screen. apparently keeping a handheld device in a pocket is a bad idea. so anyways, archos will only fix it for like $150, which is crazy, and my only other options are try to return it, saying that it was broken during shipment and hope they refund me, or keep it, and use it as an external hardrive/paperweight. What would you guys suggest i do?

Xbox 360 Gamertag: Iiable

Modify
Hackleberry Fin

Re: HELP! Archos 5 Media Tablet

Postby SpeedWing » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:29 pm

you can always try saying it was broken during shipment, but obviously that's not really easy to do.

using it as a harddrive could do, but still then you have a quite expensive hard drive.

( btw I always carry my archos in my pocket, screenside to me.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby Modify » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:10 am

SpeedWing wrote:you can always try saying it was broken during shipment, but obviously that's not really easy to do.

using it as a harddrive could do, but still then you have a quite expensive hard drive.

I'm gonna send it in, and say it was broken in shipment and hope they refund me, i will not be purchacing a new one. By the way, i just got an email back, and to get the screen fixed is around $300, so if i were you id be very careful and make sure you have a screen protector. Lesson learned for me i suppose. a $500 lesson.

Modify
Hackleberry Fin

Postby SpeedWing » Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 am

Modify wrote:
SpeedWing wrote:you can always try saying it was broken during shipment, but obviously that's not really easy to do.

I'm gonna send it in, and say it was broken in shipment and hope they refund me, i will not be purchacing a new one. By the way, i just got an email back, and to get the screen fixed is around $300, so if i were you id be very careful and make sure you have a screen protector. Lesson learned for me i suppose. a $500 lesson.

hmm I'll never learn my lesson, I broke the screens of 4 mp3 players in 2 years. :p

I bought my iPod Classic 120 gb, 1,5 years ago and so far 1 minuscule scratch on the screen which isn't visible with the human eye :D
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby Modify » Mon May 10, 2010 4:04 am

sent it back on monday, still nothing back from them yet. Im not gonna get a new one tho, imma stick with my Zune. 30Gb sucks, but it'll do. A new sound system for my car seems to be a much better way to spend my money :P

Modify
Hackleberry Fin

Return to Social/Unrelated