New Graphics Card

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

New Graphics Card

Postby WhiteNova » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 am

I need a new graphics card and I will have the money for a nice one by Christmas. I'm ONLY interested in nVIDIA cards as ATI has been highly unreliable(I can't play wolfteam with my current card(TNL hardware error)). Do you guys know any good nvidia graphics cards that would be good for my computer?

P.S. I'm getting a new graphics card for the sole purpose to run wolfteam. Could Wolfteam not be compatible with DirectX10? I've tried Aeria Games forums for a few months to no avail on the TNL error.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 6134MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4670
^Siggy Of Awesomeness Done By Minorutono ^
WhiteNova
Been Around

Re: New Graphics Card

Postby SpeedWing » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:05 am

WhiteNova wrote:I need a new graphics card and I will have the money for a nice one by Christmas. I'm ONLY interested in nVIDIA cards as ATI has been highly unreliable(I can't play wolfteam with my current card(TNL hardware error)). Do you guys know any good nvidia graphics cards that would be good for my computer?

P.S. I'm getting a new graphics card for the sole purpose to run wolfteam. Could Wolfteam not be compatible with DirectX10? I've tried Aeria Games forums for a few months to no avail on the TNL error.

well I'd suggest a 260 gtx, if you don't have enough money go for the 250 gts ( got one myself runs most games maxed out >> http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5822 << )

anyways the i7 only has 4 CPUs but is running 8 threads.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:32 am

I always said ATI sucks,as for the new card,get the latest nVIDIA available if you got the money and that's your answer.
Cookie
Hack-Master Hex

Postby SpeedWing » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:53 am

Cookie wrote:I always said ATI sucks,as for the new card,get the latest nVIDIA available if you got the money and that's your answer.

I agree with you on ATI ( though the old ATIs weren't that bad)

WhiteNova I forgot to tell that in Q1 2010 the 300 series be produced. then the 200s will be cheaper
SpeedWing
Defragler

Re: New Graphics Card

Postby qjqqyy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:35 am

WhiteNova wrote:I need a new graphics card and I will have the money for a nice one by Christmas. I'm ONLY interested in nVIDIA cards as ATI has been highly unreliable(I can't play wolfteam with my current card(TNL hardware error)). Do you guys know any good nvidia graphics cards that would be good for my computer?

ATI's linux drivers sucks
my nVidia 7500 LE can handle container ship without lag
and it is pretty cheap
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Return to Social/Unrelated