i got my hands on windows 95 recently
i also had windows 3.1
i wanted to play DOS games cos i cant really do much with windows 95
any nice ones to recommend?
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby inuyasha » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:15 am

.......... ummmmm....... oh wow dos........ ummm you should really update your PC you can buy a nice one without a video card and harddrive for 139.99$ at newegg.com with a dual core 2.8 Ghz intel and 1 Gb of RAM and 580 Watt power supply.....

but MS-DOS games I can't help ya
inuyasha
Acker

Postby SpeedWing » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:47 am

SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby qjqqyy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:23 pm

inuyasha wrote:.......... ummmmm....... oh wow dos........ ummm you should really update your PC you can buy a nice one without a video card and harddrive for 139.99$ at newegg.com with a dual core 2.8 Ghz intel and 1 Gb of RAM and 580 Watt power supply.....

but MS-DOS games I can't help ya

my old computer form the closet
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby CoMPMStR » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:07 am

Check this out. :D Take your pick.. I never really played too many dos games. Only some like Sopwith, Wolfenstein, Doom, Dinopark, and maybe a few others but they were all fun at the time. :lol: I even went back a few months ago to dl some old dos games and play them with DOSBox, to remember the good 'ol days and see if they are still as fun as they were before. I ended up downloading over 2GB of dos games and was still browsing more. :D You can also visit this site to try and find more games, they have almost anything you can think of and more. ;)

Sometimes it's fun to go back and see how most games started, ever played the first GTA? GTA1 and GTA2 are now freely available and can still be quite enjoyable if you have nothing better to do. :o

You can also try to dl a NES emulator and some roms to play that instead, maybe even SNES too if your older PC has at least 200MHz processor, 32MB RAM, and DX6/OpenGL. If you find the right place you can easily get 1000s of roms that barely take up any space. :shock: Over 4000 NES roms don't even take up 500MB but almost 4000 SNES roms take up a little over 3GB so not sure how much you can hold altogether. :lol:

.NET Trainer Helper Library

~Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

L. Spiro wrote:In my left hand is a red pill. If you take it I will show you the truth. I lost my right hand in the war, so I’m afraid you’re stuck with the red pill.
CoMPMStR
(P)ot (I)n (M)y (P)ipe

Re: MS-DOS games?

Postby cobr_h » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:14 am

I tell you some:

Day of the tentacle
Doom
Tyrian (kewl one playing w/mouse)
Heretic
Tie Fighter (the DOS, 640x480, version rocks with the mouse control)
Raptor (like tyrian)
Alley Cat (it's a 1986 or so IBM's game. Worth a try!)
The first samurai
Blackthorne
The Incredible Machine
Samurai Warrior
Duke Nukem 3D
Halloween Harry
The Lost Vikings
God of Thunder

All these just the ones I that came to my mind now. I play them all under DOSBOX (open source, search at sf.net).
Also, if it is hard to get these games, search for "DOS Collection" "Memories Project" at torrent search engines, you should find a collection ~6GB big only of DOS games (divided in several parts a-d, e-l...). Some of them come repeated but it is really worth the download.
cobr_h
Acker

Return to Social/Unrelated