Tribes 1

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Tribes 1

Postby |Whatsmyname| » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:32 am

Hey L Spiro
I Heard you have an AimBot out for Tribes 1 and I was wondering when or if u are gona release it.
|Whatsmyname|
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:36 am

I do, and I never will.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby |Whatsmyname| » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 am

kk

Did it take a while for you to make it?
|Whatsmyname|
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:44 am

A week, with minor adjustments here and there over a long period of time.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby |Whatsmyname| » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:57 am

Nice
|Whatsmyname|
I Have A Few Questions

Postby |Whatsmyname| » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:42 am

L. Spiro wrote:I do, and I never will.

L. Spiro

Why dont you release it?

Im saying this because there are no good other Aim Bots.

I cant get Writers to work and MiD's version sucks. lol :( :( :(
|Whatsmyname|
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:47 pm

Because I don’t want the only game I play to be ruined, and much less be responsible for ruining it.

Why do you need an auto-aim anyway?

The train outside just stopped in the middle of the road and all the cars are sitting there.
Sucks to be them.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby FireStarter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:16 am

I'm sorry, but I have to ask you L. Spiro...Why did you make the auto-aim if you weren't going to spread it? And, if you don't want to ruin the only game you play, then theoretically you shouldn't use it. So if you don't use it, and no one else uses it...What's the point? Just to be uber-l33t?[/quote]
FireStarter
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:58 pm

#1: Why do you think “spreading it” is the only motivation one could possibly have for making something?
-> Firstly, I gain(ed) knowledge and experience by making it. I had an idea that I was sure would work, after years of people going on about how auto-aim was impossible for Starsiege: Tribes. After years of hearing how impossible it is to do, why wouldn’t I make it if I had an idea that I was sure would work?
While making it, I had to solve several problems. Firstly, how to detect the players. Experience gained. Then the math to aim ahead (which, by the way, I invented on my own since no teachers managed to help me after a full year of bugging). Then how to move the mouse. Then how to update everything to keep a smooth lock (proving to be the hardest part of the whole problem).
After it was all done, I gained quite a bit of coding experience, not only in overcoming technical obstacles but also in coding style, and the what-to-do-and-what-not-to-do lessons of C++ in general (remember, this was years ago).

->Secondly, I gain quite a bit from being the only person who has it. I don’t think I need to explain this one as much.

#2: One person who plays 2 hours per week can’t ruin a game, no matter how he or she plays. Not to mention that my ping is over 300 on all servers, so even if I used it not many would even notice.
It does work well at such pings, but it is still a machine, and can not predict how humans will move while the bullet is in the air, and adding 300 to the ping is adding 300 to the unpredictability factor.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Kigen » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:17 pm

I know atleast Andrew and NoFix can make, or already have made Autoaim for Tribes, but as the same as you they won't release it.

I'm now currently making an autoaim. But just like the ones before me, I won't release it. Nor use it really. I just wanna see if I can do it.
Kigen
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Social/Unrelated