Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:22 pm

I was never particularly proud of being a part of this game. It really has more than its share of flaws and annoyances, but luckily I was neither the programmer nor the designer, and since I tried quite hard to get the problems fixed, I take no blame for the final problems remaining in the game.

For this game I wrote the story and manual (although they later added boss tactics to the European manual without checking with me, which again contain many flaws). It was also my original concept. I named the game and characters, wrote their dialogs, arranged the character sequences, etc. Brandon Sheffield added the tagline to the game name (“Swine of the Night”) and made a second pass over my story to add a few jokes here-and-there. A few lines can even be attributed to the founder of Sanuk Games Co., Ltd.: Yan Marchal (for example, “The time for bread has passed…perhaps forever.”)

This game has been out for a while but I was recently pointed towards a good review of it, to which I will now point you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzzSRArYes

There are many reviews of this game, and I am happy to report that the story rates as the main selling point in all of them, without contest.

I hope I will someday have the chance to actually do the full design on the game and make a sequel, where my influence will cover more than just the story.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Social/Unrelated