how to change ISP IP?

Discussions About Anything Civilized, Hacking or Not

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

how to change ISP IP?

Postby KingStar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:00 pm

i wanna change my ISP IP and if i wanna do that i must have a good reason or i must call my ISP and say:hi i have lag and i wanna change my ISP IP? can some 1 tell me what i must do? cuz i heard if i change my ISP IP lag will gone

i heard speedwings once posted like that and some1 of the fourm told him how but... if i wanna look in speed post would take me 3-4 hours so can some 1 tell me what to say for my ISP to solve my problem?
KingStar
NULL

Postby mezzo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:39 am

Changing IP address will not solve lag. I don't know who told you that, but they are wrong.

If you still want to have your IP changed, don't tell your ISP that you want it changed because of lag.. the helpdesk guys will either laugh at you or laugh at you when they hang up. Tell them either that you have been wrongfully K-lined on an irc network or that you get regular hack attempts from russian bots that try to use your host as an anonymous mail relay.

The first one will probably have more succes, as the last one might cause the network guys to check out your traffic.. (depends on the amount of customers you ISP has).

good luck fighting the lag!
- No thanks, I already have a penguin -
mezzo
El Mariachi

Postby SpeedWing » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:03 pm

kingstar, can you tell me your pc specs?

just the hardware only is fine, and if you wonna give me the specs of them would be even nicer.
SpeedWing
Defragler

sure if u want

Postby KingStar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 am

g 0.99 from ram,180 giga and if u wanna the grpahic card ill edit later ok ? cuz im gonna download a program.
and i think nothing got right with my net cuz i called ISP and they told me its work 100% and its working fast to me , but if some of ppl saying i got wrong with my comp i fixed it last week and lag didnt gone
KingStar
NULL

Postby RoboC » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:59 pm

Get a 100mbps download and upload connection. If there is still lag, get a better lan card or get a GTX.

EDIT: Also get a 3.00 GHZ Quad Core Processor.
RoboC
Been Around More

hmmm

Postby KingStar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:51 am

hmm actually u know what am suffering before saying that?
i said i cant log just in 2-11am and i got 2.5 mega byte speed so its not slow
KingStar
NULL

Postby 17thenoob » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:27 am

you guys should see my graphics THEY FUCKING SUCK for GTA SA to run without lag, i set everything to low(same with halo) lol
17thenoob
Been Around

Return to Social/Unrelated