RUNES OF MAGIC (ROM)

Hacking Any Other Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

RUNES OF MAGIC (ROM)

Postby logitech » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:37 am

hello everyone, i was just wondering if any of you play ROM here. IF yes, im trying to find address cord for map...any help would be appreciated.

so far i have tried: float, double, & short but no success. XY coord are in this format: 40.1 (##.#) is number period and digit. hope to get something started here
logitech
Acker

Postby SpeedWing » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:52 am

cords are float

do not even look at those number, search a range.

else just do increased decreased.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby logitech » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:57 pm

hello speedwing, thanks for your reply. I have try searching for float as well. For example if my coord is 40.1 i search range 40.100 to 41.00, but i find no results., Do you play this game?
logitech
Acker

Postby CoMPMStR » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:15 am

Sometimes the values are stored differently than you expect. There can be cases where the value will change unpredictably if the devs choose to make it harder for us (not saying they do, just saying it's possible).

Take Dawn of Magic 2 for example. I tried hacking this game (it's an offline singleplayer, should be easy; right?) but some things didn't seem possible no matter what I tried. I hacked the gold and potions with no problems, but when I tried to hack exp or stat points it was no use. I tried the exact value and even range values at first, using all the different data types, but that didn't work. Then I moved onto unknown then increase/decrease but that didn't work either. So I tried unknown then different as/same as but that didn't work either. The only thing I didn't try was a string search. To make a long story short (trust me, it took way longer to do all this searching than it took to read this) I could not find how the exp is stored in this game, but then again, the others were quite easy.

My point? Try to utilize all aspects of searching to try and find the hacks. If searching for an exact value or range doesn't work, try to think of something different. The next best thing is an unknown then increase/decrease, but always remember that the value might not be stored the way it's displayed.

.NET Trainer Helper Library

~Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

L. Spiro wrote:In my left hand is a red pill. If you take it I will show you the truth. I lost my right hand in the war, so I’m afraid you’re stuck with the red pill.
CoMPMStR
(P)ot (I)n (M)y (P)ipe

Postby SpeedWing » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:27 am

I did try it, did not like it.

the best you can do is make the searching easier for yourself. try to find the area of addresses of your character ( at least if the game is build like that).

then try to search in that range, ( of course if you have a lot of time you could look through that range yourself and looking for the x y z values.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby logitech » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 pm

i have found some address...i found how to open bank inventory at any place, but as soon as i exit the maid house, the game crashed and doesnt give me time to find the pointer, same thing happen to other address i have found.

I also found what seems to be one of the coordinates, the number found has totally nothing to do with the coordinates shown in the map(or minimap) but when i edit the value, it seems like the camera shows my character falling from a Z axis....any one has any idea? also when i try to find a pointer ("find what writes to this address") the game always crashes on me...anyway to find the pointer any other way?
logitech
Acker

Return to Others (MMORPG)