x,y pointers

Hacking Any Other Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

x,y pointers

Postby trialusert » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:33 pm

i read the pointers-topic from the MHS help file, i understood almost everything there. yet i have a few questions.
i'm playing an mmorpg. i found the x,y coords but they got dynamic addresses. let's say the x coordinate has this value: 0CF66B24
i performed a pointer search (only statics) by range:
0CF56B24 to 0CF66B24
and found about 200 results. now i have a question- if i make the address change again (for example by reconnecting the server), will it be right to perform a sub search for "different from before" value? if not please explain why...

next question is- after i find the pointer that points to the base of my structure, i still don't know what the exact x coord address will be the next time it changes- i'll only know its structure base
in the help file it says something like "add 0xC" , i didn't understand that part...

thanks!
Last edited by trialusert on Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trialusert
NULL

Postby GlowSplint » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:18 pm

I'm not exactly very sure, pros correct me if I'm wrong.

For your 1st question, I think you will NOT get the correct address if you sub search it. This is because the address would already have changed and NOT be inside the pool of addresses you already have.

I'm still not so sure about the second one. :?

I tend to capitalise my words towards the end. LoL.
GlowSplint
NULL

Postby trialusert » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:26 pm

GlowSplint wrote:I'm not exactly very sure, pros correct me if I'm wrong.

For your 1st question, I think you will NOT get the correct address if you sub search it. This is because the address would already have changed and NOT be inside the pool of addresses you already have.

I'm still not so sure about the second one. :?

sorry i was meant to say "different from before" ^^
i edited the my previous post.
trialusert
NULL

Postby GlowSplint » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Either way I think that you will still not get your address because its not in the pool of addresses you have already searched. Sub-searching will not include the other addresses not in the pool you previously initial searched for.

GlowSplint
NULL

Postby trialusert » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:17 pm

i still don't get why. i found only static pointers, and i know that everytime i reconnect the server- the right pointer points to a different address which includes the value for the x coordinate. therefore- sub searching for a different value should be correct, right?
trialusert
NULL

Postby GlowSplint » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Maybe I'm wrong?

GlowSplint
NULL

Postby trialusert » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:04 pm

we'll have to wait till L.Spiro replies to know that ^^
trialusert
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:41 am

#1:
You don’t know if the pointer has or has not changed so you can not rely on Same as Before or Different from Before. If you want to use purely searching (since you can not read ASM or use the Debugger, I assume) you need 2 MHS’s in 2 different directories open. One to search for the value as it moves, the other to keep track of pointers. When you find the value in MHS A you do the normal Pointer Search in MHS B. The value moves to a new address and you find it again in MHS A. Now that you know how far the address moved you can use a Changed By Sub Search in MHS B.

#2:
You need to read the help file again. It has this answer very clearly written.
About Pointers

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Others (MMORPG)