need help with pointers

Hacking Any Other First-Person Shooter Game

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

need help with pointers

Postby wolftrainer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:28 am

First off i want to state that i am a noob at MHS.
Ok well i'm trying to get an inf. ammo hack for halo 1 CE(combat evolved)i have the address witch is 4005D1A8 (im 100% sure it's right) when i try to find the static adress for it i will use 4004D1A8 to 4005D1A8. and im looking for the closest value to 0 but im not sure what to do if there's mutiple adresses with the same distance from 4005D1A8. so i tryed to pick a random one(probly was a dumb thing to do but i thought it might work) and after several more addresses i did finally make it to a static one the end resualt looked like this [[[[[0x0052634C]+0x10]+0xc]+0x8]+0x0]+0x2b8 i tested it. It worked but to further test i quit the game made a new one (same place) picked up the same weapon i had befor (assualt rifle) it worked. but theres two assualt rifles on the map too i droped the one i had and picked up the other one and it did not have inf. ammo so do u have to find a new address for every gun even for the same type of gun?
wolftrainer
I Have A Question

Re: need help with pointers

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:41 pm

The guns are probably in an array in his inventory, meaning you will have to create addresses for every gun.
Luckily the root of the Complex Address will always be the same.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Others (FPS)