UT2003 Hp trainer problem

Hacking Any Unreal Tournament Game

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

UT2003 Hp trainer problem

Postby Dimple » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Hello. I'm new to game hacking and I decided to start off with making a hp trainer. I found the address where the hp is stored, and I managed to find a static pointer. Then I faced problem. The pointer appears to be pointing at the last spawned character's structure instead of the player's structure. So if I activate the trainer right after I have respawned, it works as it should but if a bot has spawned after me, it makes the bot immortal. My question is, do you guys know a way how to get around this so that the hack would work every time? Any tips would be appreciated, I'm really stuck with this.
Dimple
Hackleberry Fin

Re: UT2003 Hp trainer problem

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:10 pm

You have used a trail of pointers that leads to the linked list of all players.
Start over, finding the pointer that goes directly to your player.
If you feel this is impossible, use a script to check the name of the player before applying infinite health.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Dimple » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:43 pm

L. Spiro wrote:You have used a trail of pointers that leads to the linked list of all players.
Start over, finding the pointer that goes directly to your player.
If you feel this is impossible, use a script to check the name of the player before applying infinite health.

L. Spiro

Thanks for the fast answer. I tried finding another static address many times but I either found that same address or nothing. Does such address always exist?

Would it be possible (with reasonable effort) to go through the linked list to find the correct value to change? (Would it be worth trying?)
Dimple
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 pm

I have hacked Unreal Tournament 2003 myself so I know exactly the problem you have.

There is a linked list of every “entity” in the game that acts as a player (bots and real players combined).
Because because your player is special (it responds to your input, your camera is attached to it, it basically provides the whole foundation to your game, etc.), there is also a direct pointer to your specific player. This is natural since, if the game had to search the linked list for your player for every type of action that was performed on it, it would slow the game down.

So my advice stands as stated above.
There is a secondary path to your player (although it should be true for every game, I have confirmed that it is true for this game), but if you cannot find it, you can make a script that uses a Script Address to search the linked list for the correct player name, and return that address. Once your script returns the address, MHS can take over and perform the lock, updating your HP, and only your HP.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Dimple » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:04 am

Thanks, that cleared up some confusion. I'll try to find the correct address once I've got these exams off my back (got 3 this week, last one tomorrow).
Dimple
Hackleberry Fin

Postby Dimple » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:50 pm

I found the address! Thanks a lot. =)

You actually gave me a pretty good hint when you said:
L. Spiro wrote:You have used a trail of pointers that leads to the linked list of all players.

Because I actually wasn't following any 'trail', I just accidentally found the address. It made me think that I might be following the tutorials a bit too accurately, and I began searching for non-static pointer. Then I searched for a static pointer to that address and I found it!

I made the trainer in C because I wanted to know exactly what happens. I might post it here once I've cleaned up the code a bit. =)
Dimple
Hackleberry Fin

Postby Dimple » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Ah, I knew it was too easy. It seems that it only works in Team Deathmatch. For some reason the pointer doesn't point to the hp value when playing some other mode. I've been trying to find some other address but there are hundreds of options... Anyway, I guess I'll be reading some more tutorials for a while. ;)

EDIT: I think I got it now, after hours and hours of research and trying... At least it seems to work in all the game modes now.

Just in case someone reads this and is stuck like I was, I found this thread helpful: http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4537&start=0&sid=59a30e7b23789f17972e21f9e493609c
Dimple
Hackleberry Fin

Return to Unreal Tournament *