Degrees? Radians? What does Unreal Engine use to store angle

Hacking Any Unreal Tournament Game

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Degrees? Radians? What does Unreal Engine use to store angle

Postby iOr » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 am

I have recently played the game "Killing Floor" in which the game is created with Unreal Engine 2.

I am trying to create a simple aimbot (Find the object table, read positions from each object, figure the closest object, find the angle to turn using coordinates, set pitch and yaw to the angle calculated from previous step).

Just a tiny bit of problem, I can't find the player's pitch or yaw in the game.

I have done the following:
* Assuming pitch is negative when looking into sky: Did range search; type float; -85 to -90 = Nothing useful
* Assuming pitch is positive when looking into sky: Did range search; type float; 85 to 90 = Nothing useful
* Assuming maximum yaw is 360: Spawned in a new map and searched float 0. Turned opposite of me and searched 180 = Nothing useful
(Same with -180 to 180 yaw; and converted to Radians; still range search, I don't know how accurate epsilon is :P)

Is there something I'm missing to Unreal Engine 2 Euler Angles?
iOr
I Have A Few Questions

Re: Degrees? Radians? What does Unreal Engine use to store angle

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:24 am

View-direction angles are stored as unsigned short values used in a sin/cos look-up table.

Additional view-direction information can be found by search from 1 to -1 (float) as you look up and down.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Re: Degrees? Radians? What does Unreal Engine use to store angle

Postby iOr » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks for the input :D

I was able to find the pitch value (0.999 looking up ~ 1.0f). However I cannot change this value to remain a static value (if I change to 0, I can still freely move my pitch up and down and the value in MHS is changing even though it is already frozen).

But I have my question answered and I appreciate that so much :D.

Edit: Found another pair of Pitch values (Yaw and roll close by as I expected) and was able to lock my position into one view = Working Aimbot :D. Have a cookie
iOr
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Unreal Tournament *