rogue warrior DMA help

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

rogue warrior DMA help

Postby mikky » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:36 pm

hi
i'm trying to find the static address for ammo in rogue warrior
i found the dynamic address, and i started to trace back through the pointers but i couldn't find my way.
the bullets number is float type
i managed to nop out the instruction that decrease it, but i want to find the static address of the pointers

also, i have another problem regarding the health. it does not have any display value, it's just when it decreases your screen gets covered with blood and when it's near 0 the environment colors goes black and white.
i managed to find out that the health is stored as float, and full health means 100. i also found the instruction that decrease your health, but it's also used to decrease your enemies' health. so noping out that instruction won't help. so i need to track down the static address of the pointers.

any help???
thanks
mikky
I Have A Few Questions

Re: rogue warrior DMA help

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:46 am

If you found the code that decreases the value you can trace it backwards through the code to find the static base.
This simply requires patience and there is not much more to say.

Alternatively you can try to take shortcuts by searching for pointers that point near the base of the structure containing your health and repeat for each pointer to each structure.

Additionally, you can mix these methods by searching for pointers until you have no luck, then finding what accesses those pointers to study the code down.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to General Related Discussions