A Tour of Things to Come

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

A Tour of Things to Come

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:15 pm

The String Search is one of the largest improvements so far, in terms of functionality and speed.
More relevant options have been added, along with support for wildcards and regular expressions.

In the image below, I have made a simple regular expression that allows me to find all sentences in the target process longer than 4 characters.

The String Searches now use the Boyer Moore algorithm when possible and are faster.
Regular expression matches can not use Boyer Moore, however my regular expression scanner uses deterministic finite automation for exceptionally fast searches.

You can also see that multiple values are selected in the Found Addresses list and in the main list.

The icons have been redone (I did these ones) and the options are more relevant.
In order on the main list:
Create New Address
Open Address File
Save Addresses
Delete Selected
Delete All
Lock Selected
Unlock Selected

I can sort the main list by description, address, value, lock value, or type.

Everything looks much better and complaints regarding the interface should disappear (this has always been the #1 complaint).

Later there may be the option to select different layouts, so you could, for example, set the layout to TSearch, ArtMoney, or CheatEngine, if you are already more comfortable with those.

When switching layouts, the dialogs and appearances change to match the new layout, and the terms change as well.
For example, “Sub Search” may appear as “Sieve” or “Filter” depending on your style.
Unsigned Long may change to DWORD, etc.

You’ve noticed the text at the bottom of each of the searches.
These describe exactly how your search will perform and help new users.

The Group Search is one of the most powerful search types available, yet few really understand its purpose. The new design will help more people realize its power.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby esco » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:18 am

It's a shame that I didn't know about this program when I first started hacking the game, it would have made finding the stuff MUCH easier and saved me hours of work. Figures, goddamnit. :x Now that I basicaly only need to find a few single values I run up on it.

The text search is looking good though and could still come in handy, just in case I can't find a way to distribute the seperate edited bin files fom the game (I can't seem to figure out how remerge them all into a bin, after extracting them). Looks god.
Esco.... the name says it all. New Yorikan for life.
esco
NULL

Postby Torero » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:23 am

Hello L. SPiro

I am wondering if it's possible to add a function that:

export the whole list values from the found addresses

so I can feed the list of values to my AI bot for this MMORPG "BOT" I am working on.

I posted a thread in the general forum. Check it out.

Thanks for this great app and I think your getting better !
Torero
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:37 am

While it is possible to do, this is the first time I have had such a request.
As such, it seems it reaches only a very small target of the users.

It is possible for you to make this functionality, however, by using the scripts.

Script Function Reference

Here you have all FILE stream functionas (FOpen, FWrite, FClose, etc.) available for writing to files, and you can use GetScanTotal() (under MHSSearch) to get the total returns, then run through them in a loop.
For each item, use GetScanValue(DWORD dwIndex, LPVOID * lppvAddress, LPVOID lpvBuffer) to get the actual item data and use FPrintF(FILE * fFile, const char * pcFormat, ...) to write the data to a file in any format you please.

This will do everything you need now, and forever, as you can make any format you desire and upgrade it at any time.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to General Related Discussions