Searching for non-specific value/address.

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Searching for non-specific value/address.

Postby LykanthricAura » Sun May 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Sorry...Couldn't think of a proper topic name which would refer to my problem.

So far I have used T-Search 1.6b for changing values in game. Although, I have not figured out how to change things which have no specific value...Like in any Shooting Game...you can change the number of bullets. It has a "Specific visible" value. But how do you fiddle with say...the NOS in Need for Speed Games, etc. Which have no "visible" value to search for.

My Specific query here is the cool-down time of Spells/Abilities in Dragon Age: Origins. How do I change the cool-down time such that it cools down instantly or...seemingly instantly. What do I look for?

I know it can be done...one of our members did it. CoMPuTer MAsSteR .. I believe.

I m Sorry if I'm not in the right section. I m new to all this stuff.
LykanthricAura
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Re: Searching for non-specific value/address.

Postby L. Spiro » Sun May 16, 2010 11:11 pm

That is the purpose of the Unknown Value, Range, Greater Than, Less Than, etc. searches. There are plenty of tutorials on how to use them.

Without seeing the game I cannot tell you what to use. Look at the game and use your imagination to decide what kind of number patterns could be used to get the effect of the cool-down in your game.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby LykanthricAura » Sun May 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Using my imagination ? .. Can u elaborate?

And are there any tutorials for those searches u mentioned above in this Forum?

EDIT --

Ok. I rephrase. I m trying to learn how to create trainers...and let me say I m a noob right now. The only thing I have managed to do so far(by googling) is the above said stuff. Use T-search, find the Value, Change the Value, Freeze the value(if needed). I have done this to change number of items I have, levels of characters, stats, etc etc.

But I am definitely not so far ahead as to search values by imagining they might be in a certain range.

Can u direct me here? How do I start on the whole "Trainer Making for a the Newbies" thing.
As far as computers go, I know C,C++, Data Structures(I believe this is required, I know the basics) and ALP(a very little bit).

So do you know of any forums, sites, wikis etc which may guide me through. I have a 2 months vacation and this is one of the "To Do in Vacation" things. Please? Any Help?
LykanthricAura
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Mon May 17, 2010 1:07 pm

T-Search is antiquated and I do not know how to use it/what searches it has. No one uses that anymore.

This forum is for MHS, and obviously all tutorials you see will be related to MHS.

These videos cover the basic searching techniques related to numbers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8TrlfiOjrI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3690R8B4JM

Cool-down is probably a floating-point number that decreases over time. Imagination.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby LykanthricAura » Mon May 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Thats ok. I checked out MHS last night. It is way better than T-Search. Im gonna continue using it.

Btw...What are the values which show up in green font in the searches supposed to mean?

So a cool-down can be a float value decreasing over time. I guess that explains it since the cool down time is constant and is given in seconds.

Ok here is another question. I already have a trainer which modifies the cool-down. Gives you an instant cool-down that is. (It's for the older version of the game and I've updated so I can't use it). So, is there any way by which I can use that trainer to find out what is being changed? What values are being modified by it to make the instant cool-down possible? This will help me get an idea of what to search for in the future. It's just an .exe file. Is there anyway I can find out what it is doing when I input a certain key stroke? (in this case it's Ctrl+3)
LykanthricAura
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Mon May 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Green values indicate static addresses.

Disassembling the trainer will be harder for you than finding the value in the game directly.
Unless the value in the game can only be found through debugging/disassembling.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby LykanthricAura » Mon May 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks man...

Phew ! Getting harder than I thought.
LykanthricAura
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Return to General Related Discussions