How to swap team indicators in FPS games?

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

How to swap team indicators in FPS games?

Postby chaos_zero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:48 am

well hello again, i have been having alot of fun using your program so far. I'm still a noob though, and here i have another random question:

Most MP type games (or all of them, basically) have the server control most things, so most hacking is impossible. (rather, you can do it, but it only appears on your screen and thus is useless) I thought of something that might be possible though. Your computer should technically know where everything is in a specific game, you just cannot see it, but the information is still there. I was thinking, in most FPS games, their are little "indicators", like little arrows or something, or sometimes players' names, above all friendly people. I was thinking it might be possible to add them to enemies too (or instead) so that you always know their position!

I have no idea where you would start to look for the address of something like this, though.

if anyone has ideas, i'm curious to know, thanks for reading.
chaos_zero
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Re: How to swap team indicators in FPS games?

Postby qjqqyy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:05 am

each game has a different game mechanic
maybe post a screenshit of yr game
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby chaos_zero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:26 am

i can think of a few, but the simplest one i remember right away is halo custom edition/halo PC.

custom edition would be preferable because it has a toggle command for player names on your team, thus, the green arrow indicator could be moved by MHS and the names could stay put, so you would have indicators for both.
chaos_zero
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:06 am

There is code that does a check to determine whether they should be displayed or not.
Find the indicator for your team, follow the code that accesses that byte, and you will eventually be led to code that you can NOP in order to show indicators for all players.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby chaos_zero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:11 am

after a while of searching i came up with a single byte address that changes from "1" to "2" depending on your team, and its 100% consistent as of yet. (this only worked in regular halo, in CE for some reason it gave a network error (even when i hosted the server myself) whenever i searched for addresses. O_o )

Anyway, should i be using "what writes this address" or "what accesses this address" when i am debugging?in a few test runs of NOPing the code that came up right after debugging with "what accesses this address", the game gave an exception. :?

The code did not call another address, it was MOV something (sorry im not that good at this form of code yet.)

Thanks for taking the time to reply, ill see if i have any further success tommarrow.
chaos_zero
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:04 pm

Find what accesses the address. You are not interested in what modifies the address; nothing modifies it. You should know that.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby chaos_zero » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 am

yeha, i guess i should know that, just making sure.

anyhoo, if a play for a few minutes and swap teams a few times with the debugger attached it finds 2 addresses. One has about 6 likes of code when selected, the other has about 1.5 pages. Does anyone know what assembly language code works like the IF....THEN...ELSE in Basic and VB? If i knew that maybe i could figure this out better.
chaos_zero
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 am

Create a blank Auto-Assembler script and use the Templates menu to paste all conditions into your code. You can study them yourself.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to General Related Discussions