Need help with game address

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Need help with game address

Postby coraal » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm

I am trying to hack a game to put in a custom resolution. On a board someone said to edit these: 408140h, 60e540h, 60e460h, 60e4d0h. What program do I use to find these? Since hex doesn't have "h" I am confused. Sorry, still new to this.
coraal
I Have A Few Questions

Re: Need help with game address

Postby CoMPMStR » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 pm

The 'h' just means that it's a hex value, rather than a decimal value. If you were told to edit 408140, you wouldn't know whether it was hex or decimal so the 'h' is there to let you know. ;) I don't know what you're editing so I can't provide much help otherwise, I suggest you do some reading to learn the different data and number types (ie: the basics).

.NET Trainer Helper Library

~Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

L. Spiro wrote:In my left hand is a red pill. If you take it I will show you the truth. I lost my right hand in the war, so I’m afraid you’re stuck with the red pill.
CoMPMStR
(P)ot (I)n (M)y (P)ipe

Postby coraal » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm trying to edit a game called Dynasty Warriors 6. The guy that put out that address for the game also has an unpacked exe. I found the values using a normal hex edit program in the unpacked exe but now I am trying to edit a packed exe since the unpacked one has alot of cheats that I don't want and don't know how to get rid of.

408140 or any of those other values also doesn't lead to anything that has anything to do with resolution in both packed and unpacked exe files so I am lost.
coraal
I Have A Few Questions

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm

if he got them from the unpacked exe I guess they are adresses in a debugger?And the resolution data you are trying to edit is stored at those adresses... ?
Cookie
Hack-Master Hex

Postby coraal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:05 pm

I found the addresses with the game running and mhs. The addresses that the guy gave are off. I had to slowly go through the exe after going to the ones he gave.

It's the same thing for Shin Sangoku Musou 5(aka DW5). The resolution values don't show up in the packed exe unless you run the game.

Since I know the address in the unpacked exe, is there a better way to find them when the game is running since the addresses are different?
coraal
I Have A Few Questions

Return to General Related Discussions