How to find emenies coordinates?

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

How to find emenies coordinates?

Postby trialusert » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:55 pm

The game is protected, thus I'm able to use searches only...
Is it possible? I wanna make a script that adds the enemies-position-addresses to the list once available.
Thanks...
trialusert
NULL

Postby SpeedWing » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 pm

float...

once he moves search changed..

x and y...

sleep sleep o.o
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby trialusert » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Those searches never over. Isn't there a certain way to find those coordinates?
trialusert
NULL

Postby liqmysaq » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:39 pm

well if u have a friend give him the X Y Z coords address for your own char and have him tell you the coords, then search for them. have him move and tell u the new coord, search again. once u have the addresses u can look around the memory if possible and get other players coords. im not sure about monster positions ive never tried to find them... never needed to since i dont play much RPG games.. too borin killing same crap over and over and over and...

thats how i get other player positions in FPS games for teleporting to the other team players and killing them (or if the game allows u can teleport the other players to a certian spot like offmap where they cant move then u just rape them all at once over and over and over. 8 headshots with 1 bullet is fun :P ).
liqmysaq
I Know Your Poop

Postby slointe » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:35 am

trialusert wrote:Those searches never over. Isn't there a certain way to find those coordinates?

My experience with pretty much all my FPS games...

All game maps, that have a compass, orientate along North, South, East, West like this:

Code: Select all
                      North
                       (+Y)
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
West (-X) ------------------------------ East (+X)
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                       (-Y)
                       South

And for finding a player's Z is even easier to find. Having the other player move from higher to lower (or vice versa) elevation on a hill or object.

Code: Select all
                      Hilltop (+Z)
                    /
                  /
                /
              /
            /
          /
        /
      /
    /
  /
/
Bottom of Hill (-Z)

Just do your searches, most likely floats, for the changes.
slointe
Hackleberry Fin

Postby [Psych] » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Find your own coordinates first. This is the easiest thing to do. The guys posted some tips above about compass bearings etc which can be useful. Most times, I find further north in the game to increase the Y value, and the opposite is true when going south. The Z/height axis is good too, perhaps a better option. Most games will have an increasing value as you go up in the game world.

Coords tend to be float values in all but a few rare cases. But you will pickup float values if searching using LONG/DWORD/4-byte as the size of the datatype is the same. Likewise when searching float you can and will pickup other LONG values. So in either case it shouldn't matter after you have narrowed it down.

Once you have this you should debug to find addresses which access one of the coords. The aim is to find a 'shared' or 'general' instruction. One which will write to both the player's and enemy's positions. There should be at least one in most games that are shared like this.

When you break at that instruction, note down the address of the register in the pointer and you have another coordinate value. You may then want to further debug this new address to see if there are any opcodes which access enemy coords only (sometimes, not often, this is the case).

Now, I saw a post above about finding your own coords then looking around the nearby memory area for the enemy's coordinates. It depends on the game to how it stores it's variables, but most times, you can't do it this way. The enemies will have their own structures, probably some way apart from the player's in memory. So either directly searching for their coords by the searching method, or finding a shared opcode (my preferred method) is the better way.

~Psych
[Psych]
Hacker Smacker

Return to General Related Discussions