Timers in Games

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Postby Felheart » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:27 am

I found the address for upgrades now,
and the address for the percentage of a building and its health.

Now, to the superweapon countdowns.
I found the address of it, it really is saved in the "time_now + intervall" format.
I found it by leeting the wepon cool down, and search for unknown, then same as before. After i fired it, i seached once for increased, then again
for same as before. This way i got it.
As soon as i made injections / complex adresses for everything i will post it here...
Felheart
Acker

Postby Felheart » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:05 am

Sorry for bump,
but there still is a problem.
Activating the cheat for instant superweapons, also causes the bots
to have instant superweapons >_>
I tryed to look at the registers when breakpointing the code,
but i couldn't find a register that only changes when a different player uses a weapon.
There is only time, the time to add, and some other pointers to structures for the weapons (eg. names).
How do i disable the cheat for bots??
Felheart
Acker

Postby spunge » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 am

It's impossible to tell without having the game. Your new value could be used at a different location, or at the current location the value is loaded into the stack. There are endless possibilities in which one can use this new value.
spunge
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:38 am

You are not looking at all in the right location(s).
The function is obviously used on all objects with the same base class, and both your player and the bots use the same base classes.

The function does not care what of object (player or human) it is. It gets a base class, it does its job, it leaves.

If you want to disable the cheat for one class of entities, then you will need to perform logic testing to check for that type of entity.

It should be implicit, but I will mention anyway that this will obviously require you to first find a way to distinguish between the two types of entities. This means studying their data and looking for something that might specifically flag the object as one type or another (there is usually a bitfield that does this so that the game can know internally how it can cast base pointers it gets) or looking for data that you know only a player will have.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Felheart » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks L.
do you think there might be another pice of code wich does the same, but
just for the player(1)? How would i find that?

Or do i have to look for an identification-method via the registers / stack and other ?
I knew that type of problem from the GTA-Health hacks, they work the same, but there you can get the player or computer thing easier...

@spunge: it's command and conquer: zero hour
Felheart
Acker

Previous

Return to General Related Discussions