Just a question (value for infinite)

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Just a question (value for infinite)

Postby minorutono » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:16 am

I was just wondering what value you'd search for to find a value of infinite.
Like, what numerical value does the game store it as if its infinite?

I was thinking.. and this is what I could think of.

1) A value that isn't infinite.. its just.. very, very big.
2) The value is like -1 or something.. and its only set to make you reload when it hits 0. So it'd just keep going down from -1 to -2, -3, etc; and never hit 0.
3) A separate addy that determines whether the value goes down or not (a controller byte: true, false?)
4) A difference of coding.. making it where for that weapon there is no code to subtract from the value ( like in the autohack.. no 'sub' code )

I'm not sure if its any of those, just what it could be.
I understand that different games could store a value of 'Infinity' differently. But I'm curious and I believe this is a relevant topic.

If you know, please tell me. (for how any game stores)
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Postby WhiteHat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:59 am

Interesting topic... To share some thoughts:

Point #1:
In WarCraft 3, we can boost (modify) the value of one’s armor to a very high value, and the unit will considered as invulnerable. That means it have infinite health...

Point #2:
In early series of BioHazard (Resident Evil), there are some winning condition that reward the player with unlimited ammo weapons. I knew two kind of this infinite thing:
1. Same weapon code with specific ammo value.
2. Different weapon codes to determine whether their ammo are infinite.

My favorite weapon was MAGNUM, but there was no ‘infinite magnum’ mode. However, when i changed the address of ammo value to 0xFF (read as -1 for char data-type), it appeared infinite in game screen...

In difference case, there was an infinite ammo version for Rocket Launcher, which code was different than the normal one. So, for example, if the normal Rocket Launcher code was 0x14, the infinite one code was 0x20. Changing the ammo value won’t do anything for this weapon, since normal Rocket Launcher only has 1 ammo within...

In WarCraft 3 , there is, however, a specific value for the armor code for it to appeared (and acts) as invulnerable... Yes, there are several ways of invulnerability in WC3..

Point #3:
I ever hacked an action platform game (i forget its title, it was a PSX game ran in an emulator) used this method. Somewhere around the avatar health address, there was a ‘controller’ byte which determine if the avatar invincible or not.

Point #4:
I have no idea if that kind of code exist. But it sounds very much make sense, and if it does exist, it should quite related to point #3...

PS: IMHO, this topic should be in “General Related Discussions” sub-forum... ^^
.. to boldly go where no eagle has gone before...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby minorutono » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Whitehat wrote:Interesting topic... To share some thoughts:

Point #1:
In WarCraft 3, we can boost (modify) the value of one’s armor to a very high value, and the unit will considered as invulnerable. That means it have infinite health...

Point #2:
In early series of BioHazard (Resident Evil), there are some winning condition that reward the player with unlimited ammo weapons. I knew two kind of this infinite thing:
1. Same weapon code with specific ammo value.
2. Different weapon codes to determine whether their ammo are infinite.

My favorite weapon was MAGNUM, but there was no ‘infinite magnum’ mode. However, when i changed the address of ammo value to 0xFF (read as -1 for char data-type), it appeared infinite in game screen...

In difference case, there was an infinite ammo version for Rocket Launcher, which code was different than the normal one. So, for example, if the normal Rocket Launcher code was 0x14, the infinite one code was 0x20. Changing the ammo value won’t do anything for this weapon, since normal Rocket Launcher only has 1 ammo within...

In WarCraft 3 , there is, however, a specific value for the armor code for it to appeared (and acts) as invulnerable... Yes, there are several ways of invulnerability in WC3..

Point #3:
I ever hacked an action platform game (i forget its title, it was a PSX game ran in an emulator) used this method. Somewhere around the avatar health address, there was a ‘controller’ byte which determine if the avatar invincible or not.

Point #4:
I have no idea if that kind of code exist. But it sounds very much make sense, and if it does exist, it should quite related to point #3...

Thanks.. Ya I was just wondering.. So it actually is -1 in some cases? And A high value? And a controller byte? Sickness... I feel smart xD...

Thank you for clarifying.

Whitehat wrote:PS: IMHO, this topic should be in “General Related Discussions” sub-forum... ^^

>..< .. Yes, i do agree. Dumb of me to post this here :/ , oh well, its kinda help related. I think i thought it'd be more a Q/A then a discussion... idk. W/e. Either place works for me.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Return to General Related Discussions