Q : Value Changing : Difference between Regular Values/Hex

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Q : Value Changing : Difference between Regular Values/Hex

Postby minorutono » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Ok, in this game im practicing hacking with, there are certain values that reflect gun status. Fire rate, Recoil rate, kickback. But these values never change, because for gun 1, the Recoil might be 10, and for gun 2, it might be 20 . However, what if there is no address for 'Current Gun Recoil', and different addresses for Recoil of each different gun? If there was 'Current Gun Recoil' addy, then you could subsearch changed and switch guns and SubSearch again. However, even when you have gun 2 selected, gun 1's recoil is still the same, its just not the current gun being used.

This is hard to understand (what I'm saying) but its been on my mind and its really hard to put into words... Hope I don't lose any of you.

Anyways, the only way I can find out is by looking through the Hex Editor then, right? If the values don't change, they should at least be close to some other values (as discussed in WhiteHat's Group Search Tut..). So far I haven't found the, (I found gravity, Y-Axis Speedhack, X-Axis Speedhack, by Hex but not recoil rate, etc..).

So the real question is : am I subSearching wrong or are there addys you can only get by looking through the Hex Editor?
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Return to General Related Discussions