Scanning trainers, cheat engines and other hacks for viruses

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Scanning trainers, cheat engines and other hacks for viruses

Postby HyackDragon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:17 am

I don't know where to post this but L.Spiro u can move it to the right section. Now i gona start it :D

Ok guys, please read carefully. If anyone of you are concerned about whether the hacks/trainers/cheat engines posted here contained viruses or not, you can scan the files by uploading the files to virus scanning websites. It is recommended to do a scan before you actually run the application posted here for safety.

Personally, I would recommend these two virus scanning websites. These two virus scanning websites are up for a long time now and it is quite popular. They are supported with multiple anti-virus scanners such as AVG scanner, Kaspersky scanner and many more and the scanners are always up to date. I'm pretty sure that a lot of peoples know these websites. Here is the virus scanning websites: (Click on the link to proceed to the website)

Link : VirusTotal

Link : Virusscan Jotti

These two virus scanning websites accepts single file up to 10MB to scan it at one time. Which means you can only upload ONE file to the websites to scan for it. You can upload individual file, or archive file with multiple files in it (.zip, .rar format). If you want to scan multiple files, you can combine the files you want to scan into one archive file and upload it to the virus scanning websites. Make sure the file size do not exceed 10MB though, or else the they will reject your file.

Please take note that if you uploaded a file archive (.zip,.rar format) with password, the scan result will NOT show anything even if the files inside the file archive contained tons of viruses. It is because that the scanner do not have permission to access the file archive to scan it, or in other word the scanner do not know the password of the file archive to access it. Be extra careful when someone posted their hacks/trainers/cheat engines zipped in a file archive with password. If they do, download the file and unzip the file archive, and zip it again yourself with no password to upload the file to the virus scanning website to scan it. Some of the bad peoples often do this and trick the noobs to scan it without take off the password and results in a clean scan result.

Anyway, if some of you happens to not having a file archiver, I recommend you to download either one of these file archivers. These file archivers are the popular one : (Click on the link to download the file archiver)

Link : WinRAR archiver

Link : 7-Zip archiver

All of you are recommened to scan the hacks/trainers/cheat engines posted here always before using it. If the scan result proved that the file scanned contained harmful viruses or keyloggers, you may post the scan result immediately to the specific thread for reference and warn other members about it. You may report the thread too so that the moderators will deal with it. Your help is much appreciated.

Damm this take like 1.5 hour to write this but i hope this will be usefull.
Thats all for now. Thanks for reading.
:P
HyackDragon
Probably Popular

Return to General Related Discussions