Looking for addy that changes based on a dll

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Looking for addy that changes based on a dll

Postby AlexSleyore » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:03 pm

ok i play a game (warrock) and as many of you know it uses PB to defend itself.. i have found a way to change your in game rights between no PB rights and Some Client PB rights. BUT i need to restart the game and reload the PBCL.dll in order to do so. i was wondering if their was a way to scan for an addy relative to the location of a dll so i belive i could give myself more right or hack the rights on without teaching people how to mod the PB files.
AlexSleyore
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby GlowSplint » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Post in the War Rock Section.

I thought normal searching would do the trick?

I tend to capitalise my words towards the end. LoL.
GlowSplint
NULL

Postby AlexSleyore » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:22 pm

GlowSplint wrote:Post in the War Rock Section.

I thought normal searching would do the trick?

i don't care what game its for... this is general how do you do a scan relative to a dll instead of the games exe, no normal scanning would not do the trick cause the addys change relitive to the changing location of a dll. thus i would have to start the game some really high number of times just to do 2 scans cause i would have to wait until the dll was in the same location as it was when i did my first scan

Edit: if you would of said help section i would of agreed though :oops:

Either way:

is their a way to disable the safety mechanistic (im assuming its one) that keeps you from freezing values that are in the static sections? (again dll issue.. i can change the time outside the Ram watcher.. and that crashes usually)

edit2: omg nm... i just found script searches and learned how to use them.. im gonna go have fun now...
AlexSleyore
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby spunge » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:25 am

Hook LoadLibrary and or variations of this api. The return address will be the allocated base of PBCL.dll or call GetModuleHandle.
spunge
NULL

Postby AlexSleyore » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:29 am

spunge wrote:Hook LoadLibrary and or variations of this api. The return address will be the allocated base of PBCL.dll or call GetModuleHandle.

i know how to find the base address of a Module however im trying to make MHS scan based off the changing location of that base module
AlexSleyore
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Return to General Related Discussions