stomped ! (by my lack of knowledge maybe ! )

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

stomped ! (by my lack of knowledge maybe ! )

Postby Torero » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:27 am

Suppose we have:

two units on the map in a game.

first off-set: each time the game boots, the address changes. a whole block starting at
maybe different location everytime, pointer one.

second off-set: it may creat the units list at different place at the same time.

third off-set: if each side has a limited number of units possible to own at any time,
then that's the max of the array table (if it's a array-like thing, something else can be
used, I think.)

single unit off-set,

we can assume that it's "current" location is fixed, we call it x=0, y=0 NOW, and then
when it goes up it's x=0, y=1, then of course, that is the change in location.

along with a unit there is the unit type, whether it's airborne, HP, ammo, type of mode
and a lot of things.

so based on the above, we can focus on only one off-set at anytime by doing different
actions.

we can creat 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 chinooks and then search for 5 blocks of "identical" (how do we define that in our search? ) block of
data that only (if not none) differ on their locations, (and unit creation time, sure.)

(so it goes, "find blocks that have 4 "misssles" and there are only 5 of those blocks"

from there we try to find other things from the result.

and then we can move the units around.

location: boggie one criteria: it's to the left of boggie two, so it can be x= -1 or x =1,
of course x is not necessarily horizontal, yet we can make 4 differnt quadrantal moves
to compare against.

hp: something within the last search that have dechanged.

the problem is definition and how I write this script search.

I am working on a scanner that should return the search results.
the point is to learn about how to find wanted values every time all the time and monitor
them and therefore use them as "sensors" , the feedback algorithm.

I need to define "block" is it a direct "from here to here" address description?
yet I do not know if they are kept in that fashin in the ram, nor do I how large of a
length in that definition to keep the records in.

technically I can creat a database of a very large number by having any combination of
addresses as any size generated. that would be probably 10000 TB of .txt file (muhahaha)

and then the search can be gurranted accurate when searching for blocks, since I have no
definition whatsoever.

how do I define my search terms ?

once I have that definition, I can go on and change things from a to z and then narrow
down the blocks.

the issue is then, whether the block definition is correct.

here, it proves critical to having prorgammed before and knowing how the data might be
stored, yet, this knowledge does tell us much; it may as well in a longs or doubles, and
arrays don't neccessarily preesnt data in a "from here to here" fashion.

suppose it's in this way:

from here to here array; and we can tell how the array look like.

#1 unit type, HP, ammo, location, action being performed, so forth

#2 so forth,

#3 and so on,

Yet, maybe they store all units HP in an array, and then ammo in another.

:(

I read about this example, and I wonder if I can learn about debuggers from you.
Torero
NULL

Postby Torero » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:07 am

Torero
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:33 am

third off-set: if each side has a limited number of units possible to own at any time,
then that's the max of the array table (if it's a array-like thing, something else can be
used, I think.)

yet I do not know if they are kept in that fashin in the ram, nor do I how large of a
length in that definition to keep the records in.

the issue is then, whether the block definition is correct.

here, it proves critical to having prorgammed before and knowing how the data might be
stored, yet, this knowledge does tell us much; it may as well in a longs or doubles, and
arrays don't neccessarily preesnt data in a "from here to here" fashion.

These are all things you have to figure out by studying the game.
Studying the game implies doing other kinds of searches on the related data set to see how they are organized and used.

Yet, maybe they store all units HP in an array, and then ammo in another.

Although the method for storing the data is not known, this is definitely not the way.
It will either be a linear array with a clear start and end, and each element next to each other, or it will be an array of pointers, which each pointer (4 bytes in size) next to each other, and pointing to the element.

we can creat 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 chinooks and then search for 5 blocks of "identical" (how do we define that in our search? ) block of
data that only (if not none) differ on their locations, (and unit creation time, sure.)

Searching for identical blocks of RAM is not the safest way to find this data.
And if you feel you need to do it this way, you would need to write an inner loop inside your script search function that scans the remaining set of RAM for the matches with the current block.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to General Related Discussions