Demo #21

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Demo #21

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:40 pm

Demo #21

Maybe I added to the help file.
I added the SetThreadPriorty() and GetThreadPrioity() functions to the script as documented in the help file.
Raised the priority of the polling thread used in hotkeys.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:29 pm

Demo #22

A bug was fixed in the Hex Editor.
Added to the Hex Editor:
  • Tools
    • Operations
      • Assign
      • Add
      • Subtract
      • Multiply
      • Divide
      • Negate
      • Modulus
      • Set Minimum
      • Set Maximum
      • Swap Bytes
      • Binary And
      • Binary Or
      • Binary Xor
      • Binary Invert
      • Shift Left
      • Shift Right
      • Rotate Left
      • Rotate Right
      • Upper-Case
      • Lower-Case
    • Conversions
      • ASCII to EBCDIC
      • EBCDIC to ASCII
      • ASCII to UNICODE
      • UNICODE to ASCII

Added the ability to move the caret with the arrow keys (Hex Editor).
The caret in the Hex Editor now goes to the initial address when the window is loaded, instead of always to 0.
The Hex Editor now opens processes at the base address of the process module and covers the range of the process.

Added a popup menu to the Found Address list which allows copying addresses and values, viewing them in the Hex Editor and RAM Watcher, and adding them to the main list.

Holding Ctrl while clicking links in the Disassembler takes you to that location (if it is valid given the last context update). Ctrl-click the names of the functions inside the [ ] bars to go directly to them. Hold Shift to go to them in a new window.
If the value Ctrl-clicked is data, the Hex Editor is opened on that location instead. If it is data and Ctrl and Shift are held, a new Disassembler window is shown instead of a Hex Editor window.
Thread information is shown in the Disassembler Helper window when debugging.
The thread list is correctly updated as long as debugging continues.
The module list is correctly updated as modules are loaded and unloaded whle debugging.
Both lists are spam-protected so rapidly loading modules or starting/stop threads will not cause an overflow of updates in the dialog.
All right-click options are based off the address under the mouse at the time of the right-click, rather than the focused (greyed) address (Disassembler).

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:59 pm

Demo #23

This release came sooner than I wanted because I found a critical bug that was introduced when I added the Complex Addresses to the stored values.

Although I got no reports of this bug, and it only happened to be today while I was making a bot for Killer Instinct, when I examined the cause of the bug I found that any time it doesn’t happen is a matter of pure luck.

Although this release was not really ready, there is one rather huge addition in it.
Most of the WinSock library has been added to the scripts. This means you can now access the Internet with your scripts.
The help file includes example on how to create a server that will accept incoming connections and how to connect to a website and download a file from it.

Now that you can connect to the Internet via scripts, it is a whole new world.

Some practical uses, even outside of game hacking, include creating a script that will regularly download the latest Naruto on schedule.
You could regularly check for the update, or you could create a server at home and send a command from work to download the file, so you can start the download while you are at work.
You could also create a script to download large sets of files sequentially. For example, when trying to collect every single Super Nintendo Entertainment System ROM on a site that has thousands, it would be too tedious to click every link to get every ROM. Now you can make a script that can simply scroll through the list and download every one of them while you sleep.

You can make your own custom IRC client. Yes, the script can go that far.

As for game hacking, you can now set up multiple computers with MHS that can talk to each other to do tasks remotely. This was a requested feature, and it is finally here.

If you are advanced enough, you can create a script that can conect directly to a game and trick the game into thinking it has connected to a real game client. From there, you can do anything in the game you want.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby kai » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:52 am

:shock:
The sheer awesomeness of #23 is amazing. Now I probably won't have to check the sites for my add-ons for Garry's Mod (I currently have 104 that I have to keep track of so that I don't get glitches) everyday and can simply download updates automatically. Now I just need to figure out how to write the script. :x
Last edited by kai on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kai
Sir Hacks-A-Lot

Postby obnoxious2 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:40 am

hey spiro, awesome update!!...do you have any tuts to learn more about advanced game hacking? Such as not gettin detected by punkbuster or like you said, connecting directly to the game client.
obnoxious2
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:47 pm

I do not have many tutorials myself but I know that http://www.GameHacking.com/ and http://www.MPCForum.com/ have some. http://www.gamedeception.net/ has some also.
I haven’t collected tutorials because I have learned on my own since the start.

Uh, but if you go to MPC Forum, prepare a good virus scanner. I only visit that site at work because my laptop is too valuable.

エル スパイロ
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:50 pm

Demo #24 is ready.

Added Hotkeys to the help file, and with that I added more functions to Hotkeys. You can now instantly perform Same as Before, Different from Before, Increased, Decreased, and Same as Original Sub Searches with Hotkeys, removing yet one more complaint certain people had and making searches much faster to perform. As a one-up over other software that already had this feature, my Hotkeys allow you to pass a parameter that determines if the results dialog is shown at the end. This means you can scan in full-screen mode without being interrupted by a results dialog, which would have minimized the game and stolen focus.

More attention has been going into the Disassembler now.
The JMP/CAL highlights people loved are back. Drag your mouse over a JMP or CALL and the path to the target is clearly shown. Ctrl-Click the JMP/CAL and the highlight will stay there so you can move the mouse without losing it. Ctrl-Click again to lose it.

Run to Cursor has been added to the pop-up menu, as well as Single Step, Step Over, and Run.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby lord_meshadieme » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:43 am

Demo 24 download is bad
reupload it. :wink:
lord_meshadieme
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:15 pm

It has been.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro