Demo #19.Q

Discussions Related to Game Hacking and Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Demo #19.Q

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:11 pm

Demo #19.Q

This release is in reply to a post by Zhoul on the Cheat Engine forums.

In regards to my Hex Editor:
Zhoul wrote:One of the first things this screen is missing, is the ability to 're-align' data on the page. The columns force you to view from the 0 offset (i.e. 00400000) and again, this greatly hinders eyeball scaning of live memory. In CE's mem viewer, When I 'goto' an offset, it re-aligns the data, making it so much easier to simply pluck 'interesting' memory out.

Comparing it with the Cheat Engine Hex Editor:
Zhoul wrote:I was flat out amazed when I realised that the rows will expand in sets of 8. This is REALLY helpful when eye-scanning through memory, because it does indeed have a certain structure/pattern that can be read by the human eye, much faster then is possible in Memhack. You also would never really have a chance in memhack, to expand rows out to 32 bytes a row.

It is now possible to change the number of bytes per row in the Hex Editor by going to View/Width.
You can use a preset width, custom width, or use auto, which sets the bytes-per-row according to the width of the control.
I will optimize the speed when using long widths later.
Next release should also have the offsets mentioned in his first complaint.

The dockables on the main window no longer forget their positions when reopened, and other bugs associated with them have disappeared.

The debugger works better now and several potential crashes were found and fixed.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:52 pm

Demo #20

Added the ability to NOP addresses in the Disassembler.
Fixed and updated the help file.
Fixed a rare and hard-to-get search crash. Some had claimed that string searches crashed before, even in the demos. This problem should be gone, leaving searches with 100% stability.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to General Related Discussions